2.5.9.113 Beta Toolbar moves

If you think you found a bug in Transcript, please report it here (or send me an e-mail).
Please be as detailed as possible in your description of the bug, when and how it happened, which version of Transcript, version of Windows, etc.
Ed2V

2.5.9.113 Beta Toolbar moves

Post by Ed2V »

I've been using this for a few days now and it has transformed a previously annoying task. I like the way the picture moves up when you press return and little features like that. One quirk is the toolbar which contains Image/Zoom/Brightness etc moves off to the right of the program during the course of using it. I leave the program running 24/7 and I'm never sure exactly when this happens whether it is during minimizing/restoring or maybe during the time the computer is in hibernation. It is not a major issue as I can just drag it back again, but it is unusual.

Wormnest
Site Admin

Re: 2.5.9.113 Beta Toolbar moves

Post by Wormnest »

I've only had reports in the past about this happening on Windows XP.
In my own testing I have never seen it happening when minimizing/maximizing or switching programs. When I have more time I could see if waking from standby causes this. I always close Transcript when I set my computer on standby but I don't see why it would do that.
Another possibility might be that you misclicked on the toolbar on the vertical dots before the word Image but doing that regularly seems unlikely.

Maybe I should just freeze the toolbars so they can't be moved. I don't think many people change its position.
I'll note it down in my list of things to look at but won't have time for a good like in the near future since I'm preparing for moving next month.
Wormnest (aka Jacob Boerema)
Programmer of Transcript

Ed2V

Post by Ed2V »

Good luck with the move :) I've updated to latest version and it still happens. I'm fairly sure it is when it wakes up from sleep as I've tried minimising and restoring several times without it happening. Maybe during the wake up phase there is a change of screen resolution that confuses it. It is not a big issue though.

Wormnest
Site Admin

Post by Wormnest »

Thanks for the update.
I will write the information down and take a look when I can.
Programmer of Transcript

Ed2V

Post by Ed2V »

I've worked out when it happens now. Sometimes the application freezes and redraws itself several times, the area where the toolbars and menu bars are goes plain dark grey then the toolbars appear and then it goes grey and then they reappear over and over for a few seconds. Everytime it redraws the Image toolbar creeps to the right by a few pixels. This happens maybe every couple of hours and over the course of the day the toolbar slowly moves off screen.

While everything is redrawing the image I am working with and the text box I am typing into are visible, but unresponsive so it seems to be a redraw issue with the toolbar part of the Delphi toolkit.

I have found a similar description here https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.j ... dID=226877 and it could be the same issue as I am working on a company domain so it might correspond to the Group Policy updates.

Wormnest
Site Admin

Post by Wormnest »

That could very well be the cause of the problems.
Over the years Delphi's implementation of the Windows Coolbar has often given problems both to me and others. It has been on a list of things to replace with something better for a long time but haven't gotten around to it so far.
Programmer of Transcript

Wormnest
Site Admin

Post by Wormnest »

The latest beta (see https://forum.jacobboerema.nl/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=406) will catch and suppress some of the settings change messages caused by group policies updates.

I have no way of testing this myself so I would appreciate if it could be tested by someone and give me feedback whether the redrawing is mostly or completely gone or if there still is a considerable amount of redrawing every 15 minutes.

If that is the case I may add an option that will cause Transcript to ignore any settings change messages.
Programmer of Transcript

Ed2V

Post by Ed2V »

I've been using the latest beta version for a few weeks now and so far I haven't seen any issues, thank you for the changes you made.