Don't ask to save empty file without changes

This forum is for requesting new features, enhancements, changes etc. of Transcript.
dgrenner

Don't ask to save empty file without changes

Post by dgrenner »

When I step between pictures (F5/F6 or with green arrows) and pass a picture without any associated transcription file I always get the question:
"The text in the current file has changed. Save this file?" It happens even when I haven't done any changes. I don't want to create empty documents for files without any text, so it becomes a bit annoying to answer "No" for every file I don't want to transcribe. Most of my images don't have transcription files associated with them yet, so navigation between them needs a "No" click between each F6.

Wormnest
Site Admin

Re: Don't ask to save empty file without changes

Post by Wormnest »

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't get notified that there was a question.

I have a few questions
1. What exact version of Transcript do you use? (You can find the version by going to menu Help, About. The version should have 4 numbers)
2. Are you using the Advanced option "Use the same name for each image and its corresponding text file"? (Open F11 Options, Advanced tab and look if this is checked).
3. What Windows version do you use?

If you don't use the newest stable version of Transcript (2.5.0.104) or the latest beta (2.5.9.109 or 110) then please try to update either to the latest stable or latest beta version.
Wormnest (aka Jacob Boerema)
Programmer of Transcript

dgrenner

Post by dgrenner »

1: I'm using 2.5.0.104.
2: Yes, I am
3: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit version. I had the same problem before upgrading to Windows 10, when I had Windows 7.

Wormnest
Site Admin

Post by Wormnest »

Thanks. I can reproduce the problem and agree you shouldn't be asked to save when there is no text to save.
I will have to check how to fix that. When that is done I will reply back here.
Programmer of Transcript

Wormnest
Site Admin

Post by Wormnest »

This is now fixed. However since this is a relatively minor problem I won't release a new beta version with the fix right now.
The next beta version (build 111) will have this fixed. I do not know yet when that will be ready.
Programmer of Transcript

Wormnest
Site Admin

Post by Wormnest »

Beta build 111 that has this fix included is now available.
Programmer of Transcript