Transcript RC1 for 2.4 (build 87)

Here new versions including beta versions of Transcript will be announced.
Also for new and updated plugins and new translations of Transcript.
Wormnest
Site Admin

Transcript RC1 for 2.4 (build 87)

Post by Wormnest »

Today I present the first release candidate for version 2.4.
This version has besides some bugfixes and small changes a new program icon. If no major problems are found or reported then Transcript 2.4 should be released in 2 weeks.

Transcript can now also be followed on Facebook, making it easier to stay up to date. Please like and spread the word if you want ;)

Note: My betas only contain the Transcript program itself not the help and languages files etc. Meaning you shouldn't uninstall the stable release but copy the Transcript.exe from the beta to the folder where you have Transcript installed.
In case you haven't installed yet please install the stable release first and then copy the beta over it.

Besides the usual zip file for beta versions, this RC also provides a link to a complete installer version to let people test if everything works. This installer includes all currently available languages for Transcript (besides English that is Dutch, French, German, Danish, and Finnish). However newly added strings since 2.3 have not (yet) been translated except for Dutch.
If you are interested in translating Transcript in another language than the ones mentioned above please contact me. For a completely translated language file you will receive a Pro license.

I can only fix things when I know there is a problem so please send bug reports and crashes to me (either by e-mail or on this forum).

Changes in build 87
Released 2012-03-18.
  • Renamed the filename of the default English language file from "Default" to the more logical name "English". Also updated the installer to
    take this change into account when (un)installing.
  • Building the plugins still works, removed unused space around exif list. (Plugins not yet updated on the website and won't work with this version.)
  • Move focus back to editor (when that setting is on) when the highlighter is on but mouse is not above the highlighter.
  • Bugfix: Ctrl+Alt+Downarrow moves highlighter down even when image is already at the bottom (until highlighter also reaches bottom of image window).
  • Made some changes to the key pressing code thats handling auto correction and auto replacement in hopes that it will fix the bug that sometimes happens but in an unreproducable way. Now when text is selected it will not look if it needs to be autoreplaced. Also added an extra check that will throw an exception when the text to be replaced has non alphanumeric chars.
  • Removed some duplicate code and other code cleanups.
  • Added warning when Edit file is in use by another program instead of showing an exception + added translation string for the warning.
  • Removed old translator code from para and tab options.
  • Changed how we set our program title and version in About and added a specifier when we are BETA or RC.
  • Replaced several inline string consts with predefined consts.
  • Made a new Transcript program icon, I'm not a great artist so if anyone thinks he/she can make a better one send me an example.
  • Added check for Monitor.Handle 0 in OnAppHint.
Download beta:
http://www.jacobboerema.nl/Downloads/TranscriptBeta.zip

Download installer (includes all available languages):
http://www.jacobboerema.nl/Downloads/In ... .4_all.exe
Last edited by Wormnest on 01 Apr 2012, 15:22, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: unsticked
Wormnest (aka Jacob Boerema)
Programmer of Transcript